Sunday, August 23, 2015

Where to Brunch in SF

I'm a huge fan of brunch - Eggs Benedict, hash browns, and of course mimosas. Luckily, San Francisco is not limited to great restaurants and food, so I thought I would compile a list of my favorite brunch, dinner and after dinner spots around the city. Brunch is up first...

For the Food
  1. Green Chile Kitchen - One of my all-time favorite restaurants. They serve "new Mexican" food, but include all the breakfast originals like potatoes. I usually order the meat sopapillas in red sauce or breakfast burrito in green spicy sauce. Don't forget agua fresca!  
  2. The Corner Store - They have everything from burgers to waffles. The food is delicious and they have outdoor seating perfect for warm mornings (top photo to the right).
  3. The Grove -Great for a quick breakfast. The Grove has a large selection of tasty food - Pot pie, turkey club, huevos rancheros, and more! They also have outdoor seating so it's one of my go-to's on a warm weekend. I also love the ice latte (bottom photo to right).
  4. Jane on Fillmore -A cute little cafe on Fillmore street. They have delicious small bites - avocado toast, and yummy lattes (header photo).
  5. The Mill - Another great coffee shop, known for their strong coffee - Four Barrel (I call it crack barrel). The coffee drinks are slightly overpriced, but they are most know for their toast. My favorite is the season preservative jam. yum! (middle photo to right)

For the Bottomless
  1. Stock In Trade - Although the food isn't the best, I love having bottomless here because of indoor bocce courts and many flavors of of mimosas (below large photo)
  2. Dr. Teeth and Electric Mayhem - My favorite bottomless place in SF. Known for its great patio that sits in the middle of the Mission district. It's the perfect place to brunch on a summer morning. 
  3. Don Pisto's - Since it's hard to find great food and bottomless at the same restaurant, I love Don Pisto's because of the tasty Mexican food and your choice of bottomless mimosa, margarita, sangria. 
  4. The Sycamore - Pork belly donuts! Not the healthiest selection of food, but the pork belly donuts are a must (just make sure you share with someone else). This place also has an outdoor area in the Mission so it's best on a nice day.
  5. 1300 - A refreshing atmosphere, different than your normal bottomless brunch. 1300 has delicious soul food and live music. The only downside is their bottomless ends early and you pay extra for the live music, but whose complaining?


No comments:

Post a Comment