Friday, July 31, 2015

Guide to: Sorrento


Sorrento wasn't initially included in the trip, but because it was a short car ride to Naples (where I were flying out of), it worked it's way into my plans. I'm glad it did! The sunsets were beautiful and I was nice to lay by the pool and enjoy the hot weather.

Stay: 2 nights. I stayed both nights at small hotel called Residence Miramare. This hotel was great because it has a sun deck, free breakfast, and a pool. Also, the hotel cat, which I named Fred, was very sweet.

Eat:

  • One of the most memorable meals of the trip was in Sorrento. Since Sorrento is on a large cliffside, many of the restaurants offer pick up and drop off if you dine with them. It's too expensive to get around by taxi and too far on foot. On the last night in Sorrento, I was picked up and we started heading up the mountain. The roads began to get so narrow that the concrete walls were just inches away from the car. I felt like I was in a scene from Indiana Jones. Finally, I arrived at restaurant Donna Sofia, which was tucked in between local's homes and the mountain side. The restaurant had garden seating, great service, and tasty food! I even left with a free bottle of wine from the owner. 
Don't miss: There isn't much to do in Sorrento other than relax and enjoy the food and sunsets, so just do that!
Highlight: The best thing about Sorrento was being able to relax. After 18 days of constant walking and sightseeing, I was so excited to sit by the pool and enjoy a glass of wine.

Get around: Like I mentioned before, it's hard to get around Sorrento because of the steep moutains. I would recommend eating at restaurant that offer free transportation. The only other option is to walk or take a 20 Euro taxi (no matter where you go).

Pack:

  • 7 summer dresses (which I wore between Venice, Rome, Capri, and here) 
  • 4 sandals 
  • 3 bathing suits 
  • 1 cover up 


No comments:

Post a Comment